Craftsmanship is the harmony of head, heart, and hands. It is the same balance we seek in outdoor adventures–indeed, our whole lives. With the help of my friend, master woodworker Paul Baines, I’ve finished a pair of Aeneas Originals Sculling Oars that Paul constructed over 10 years ago. They’re for sale! $550 OBO as of 3/5/14.
- Hollow shafted, lightweight, spoon-blade sculling oars. 9.5 feet long. Pattern by Ben Louden.
- Hand crafted and customized in Bowdoinham, Maine
- Tapered shafts with “D” cross section to lock against oarlocks on the catch.
- Black walnut, pine, mahogany, and white cedar.
- We can customize to your grip before fiber glassing them.